Sunday, June 27, 2010

Batman!!!

Batman
~~ click on the images for larger view ~~

Yep, I never grow tired to draw this guy :)
I have been working on some layouts for my new WS mini yesterday, while watching the final season of LOST on my DVR (I am still behind but catching up quickly ;)), and did this Batman pencil doodle (below) - on the back of one of the script pages - that I decided to ink.
Well, I did a little more than just inking those pencils, and the result is the image above.
Hope you guys enjoy it :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2010 Francesco Francavilla.

Batman

6 comments:

James Clayton said...

I dig your Dark Knight. Superb! :)

Brian Jones said...

Outstanding!

Ryan K Lindsay said...

I'd love to see a Golden Age-style tale of the Batman drawn by you. Damn, that would surely be fine, great work!

Anonymous said...

there's a subtlety to your expression of the Bat I have yet to see anywhere else, yet.

I know that sounds like I am talking like Yoda. So to rephrase...

He looks human, not like a raging roid wrestling freak, and not like Bat Mite or like you just rubbed one out and had sweat shop workers ink it for pennies on the hour.

My tastes have shifted towards the more believable depictions like yours, great stuff!

Drake said...

I really enjoyed this piece.

Unknown said...

I <3 your inking.