Tuesday, January 06, 2009

SCALPED!!!

Scalped

I want to share a great news with you all: I was lucky enough to be invited to illustrate an issue of Scalped (#27), the critically acclaimed series created by Jason Aaron and R.M.Guera and published by DC Vertigo. I have been fan of this series since day one so you can imagine how excited I am to draw one of the stories written by the talented and Southern friend Jason. For those of you who are not familiar with this title, it's one of the top noir, gritty book out there (the other being Criminal by Brubaker and Phillips). I greatly suggest to hunt down the trades if you guys haven't got on this book already.
While waiting to show some preview pages, I hope you enjoy the promo art above.

Cheers and all the best to you all in 2009!
Francesco

3 comments:

laseraw said...

that i excellent news francesco excellent news!
excellent art for on of the best books out there
well deserved!
congratulations!!!!

Craig Zablo said...

Congrats! I, too, have been with the comic since issue one. You're in good company there and I can't wait to see what you do.

PS - Sorry for the delay in posting your Stallone Cop Land sketch. I'll let you know when it's up.

Francesco Francavilla said...

Grazie mille, Xurxo & Craig, good to see you are as much excited as I am, amici miei :) Can't wait to share some interior pages (when I get to draw them ;))
Craig: no prob, we are in no rush ;)

Cheers,
Francesco